Our education services are flexible and designed to meet the specific client needs. We offer three types of training:
- Accredited agricultural training. Steve Cotton at Dynamic AG has a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment and is fully accredited to deliver courses such as Lifetime Ewe Management (LTEM) and Lifetime Weaners (LTW). These courses are owned by Rural Industry Skills Training (RIST) in Hamilton.
- Lifetime Ewe Management The LTEM course helps sheep farmers increase their knowledge on sheep production by learning how to condition score sheep and measure pasture quantity and quality. Understanding the livestock’s nutritional needs throughout the production cycle allows students to allocate feed effectively, and manage sheep condition, ultimately leading to improvements in wool cut, lamb survival and weaning rates. This course is delivered on farm with groups of up to six farmers. The course runs for two years, meeting six times per year, assessing sheep and paddocks at each participant’s property, developing energy budgets and feeding strategies to improve the enterprise profitability.
- Lifetime Weaners The Lifetime Weaner Course helps farmers manage weaners over summer, effectively reducing weaner mortality. The course is also designed give producers the skills and knowledge to join ewe lambs at seven to nine months of age. This course runs for 12 months, and includes six meetings.
- Reseller training. Dynamic AG delivers training on nutrition and animal health for resellers such as Landmark, where merchandise staff, agronomists and animal health sales reps come together to enhance their animal health knowledge. Some examples of training include:
- new drench products and how these fit into farmers’ drenching programs
- the role of minerals in ruminant nutrition
- understanding lice and worms and treatment products
- vaccination schedules and products
- Individual or farmer group training. We work together with individual clients and farmer groups to understand what level of training or education is required, then Dynamic Ag owner Steve Cotton will create and deliver a tailored educational solution. We offer training packages for corporate farming businesses with large employee numbers, farmer groups (such as Landcare groups, Stockfeed companies or Best Wool Best Lamb groups) right down to individual farming businesses that would like to improve animal husbandry techniques.
We can give your staff practical, hands on training on a number of important areas such as:
- safe delivery of vaccinations
- best drenching methods
- sheep condition scoring and assessing pasture quantity and quality
- finding lice
- setting up and feeding in containment yards
- ration formulation, pasture budgeting and supplementary feed plans
We also offer educational facilitation on broader themes such as:
- sheep and cattle health and nutrition
- pasture utilisation
- boosting farm productivity
- weaner management to wean more lambs
- spotting and managing health problems